Monday - Saturday
Commercial Building Inspections
Kettle Valley Home Inspections in Penticton, along with and our qualified associates, will present a thorough inspection report of your commercial or multifamily investment property in Penticton to help you spot the buildings faults and areas in need of repair. With many years of construction and building experience, our commercial building inspections means we know what to look for. A thorough commercial building inspection in Penticton can save investors thousands of dollars and time before a purchase is made.
Count on Kettle Valley Home Inspections in Penticton to give you an accurate, comprehensive building inspection. Almost all of our business is due to satisfied clients referring us. Find out why!
Residential Home Inspections
After completion of your personalized home inspection in Penticton, we will provide you with a summary of the inspection report – this is a very handy report that can be printed for open houses and available to potential buyers, giving you a leg up on other homes for sale in Penticton.
Home Maintenance Inspections
A Kettle Valley Home Inspector in Penticton will do a comprehensive review of these items with you and let you know what items should be annually maintained and looked at. This will include the exterior and grounds, and also the interior and mechanical systems of your home. Maintaining your home is as important as looking after our bodies for a long healthy life.
WHY WORK WITH A CERTIFIED MASTER INSPECTOR?
When you’re about to make the biggest purchase of your life, make sure you hire a CERTIFIED MASTER INSPECTOR
Certified Master Inspectors (CMIs) are the best home inspectors in the world. All CMIs are experienced, dedicated to education, and have a proven record in the inspection industry.
Every Certified Master Inspector must:
- have completed 1,000 fee-paid inspections and/or hours of education (combined)
- have been in the inspection business for at least three years
- agree to abide by the inspection industry’s toughest Code of Ethics
- agree to periodic criminal background checks.
Protect your investment by hiring the best home inspector in Penticton!
WHY GET A HOME INSPECTOR IN PENTICTON?
ADVANTAGES OF A HOME INSPECTION FOR A HOME BUYER
- Our Penticton inspectors will inform you of safety issues to protect you and your family
- Inform you of costly repairs needed to the home
- Give you confidence in your buying decision
- Give you an understanding of maintenance needed and also ongoing maintenance items.
- Easy to read report with information needed to gain proper home insurance.
ADVANTAGES OF A HOME INSPECTION FOR A HOME SELLER
- Gives you knowledge of any immediate repairs.
- Helps determine selling price knowing what repairs are needed.
- Allows for required trades people to make repairs or estimate repair costs to aid in negotiations when selling your home.
- Offer a non-bias report available to potential buyers.
- Helps eliminate 12th hour negotiations.
OUR COMPREHENSIVE HOME & COMMERCIAL BUILDING INSPECTIONS INCLUDE
- Easy to understand electronic report with included picture
- Roof, vents, flashings, and trim
- Gutters and downspouts
- Skylight, chimney and other roof penetrations
- Decks, stoops, porches, walkways, and railings
- Eaves, soffit and fascia
- Grading and drainage
- Basement, foundation and crawlspace
- Water penetration and foundation movement
- Heating systems
- Cooling systems
- Interior plumbing fixtures and faucets
- Drainage sump pumps with accessible floats
- Main electrical disconnect and service amperage
- Electric panels, breakers and fuses
- Grounding and bonding
- GFCI’s and AFCI’s
- Insulation and ventilation
- Garage doors, safety sensors and openers
- Plus much more!
MEET OUR TEAM
Malcolm Kehr, CMI
Owner, Certified Master InspectorMalcolm Kehr owns and operates Kettle Valley Home Inspections in Penticton. Malcolm and his team cover the South Okanagan, along with colleagues in central Okanagan. Malcolm is a Master Certified home inspector (CMI) and remains in good standing as a member of the International Association of Certified Home Inspectors (InterNACHI) He received his certification after extensive study from the Carson Dunlop Training Institute; the most comprehensive home inspector training system in North America. Malcolm is licensed under the British Columbia Business Practices and Consumer Protection Branch; BC License #63612.
Malcolm’s 22 year background in both residential and commercial construction and renovations for 22+ years has given him the needed skills to be a knowledgeable and trusted home inspector throughout his territory. Some projects throughout the Okanagan include the Delta Grand Hotel, Canadian Adult Communities (Sandbridge), Dirty Laundry Winery – to name a few.
After a construction injury and Malcolm’s body starting to get tired from construction he decided that home inspections would be a natural fit. Malcolm loves that fact that he still feels connected with the building industry through home inspections. He and his team find great satisfaction being able to help clients make informed buying decisions for home and property.
WHAT MANY SATISFIED CLIENTS HAVE TO SAY ABOUT OUR PENTICTON HOME INSPECTION SERVICES…
Malcolm was very professional and his feedback was greatly appreciated. The timeliness of the report was substantial – we had a very tight time frame and Malcolm went above and beyond to delivery. Overall customer service was awesome.
Malcolm, was very professional an friendly. I would highly recommend him. He was very thorough and answered all our questions after the inspection as well, taking our phone questions later that day. His report allowed us to question whether we would pursue buying this house or not.
I had the pleasure and privilege of working with Malcolm Kehr, a Home Inspector who was referred to us via our realtor.
Malcolm assisted us during a recent home inspection process. Malcolm was very affable, made himself available during both the inspection process, and afterward to answer any questions/allay any concerns we may have had. Inspection report was completed and emailed to us promptly – very nicely laid out and detailed. We had to contact Malcolm a few days later for some clarification, as a few questions arose; he responded promptly and helped us resolve things quickly.
He was efficient in his work, open to questions throughout the entire process, and was honest with his responses. He is a very kind and outgoing gentleman, and it is evident that he takes great pride in and likes his job. He treats his clients, not to mention the home he is inspecting, with utmost respect.
I can’t say enough nice things about Malcolm. I would highly recommend him, and wouldn’t hesitate to refer him or to consult him again in the future.
Thanks Malcolm! 🙂